ARTsmart is pleased to announce that we are now accepting applications for the 2015-2016 year. The scholarship competition is available for one outstanding Santa Fe high school senior who will be starting college in Fall 2016 to study visual art or arts education. Student must have at least two completed years of high school art in Santa Fe County and have at least a 3.0 grade point average.
The following materials must be received at the ARTsmart office on 1516 Pacheco Street by 2pm, Monday, April 20, 2015. You may submit them in-person or electronically (the original work of art will need to be mailed). Office hours are 10am-4pm. To ensure someone is available please call prior to dropping off application.
Materials for the ARTsmart Scholarship Application:
- One-page narrative of the importance of art to student’s past and future education and career in the arts. This should include why you are deserving of the scholarship.
- Portfolio of work. Portfolio may be digital or actual pieces of artwork; however ONE actual/original piece must be submitted. Minimum of 6 digital images of student’s artwork. Maximum of 15 images. Please have the pictures in pdf, PowerPoint, or JPG format
- Transcripts verifying 3.0 GPA
- Proof of acceptance (or application) for school you will be attending
- A list outlining involvement in school and the community
- Two letters of recommendationThe selection process involves a panel of ARTsmart Visual Arts committee reviewing each application. Student’s art teachers do not participate in the final decision but they will be consulted regarding attributes such as work ethic and attitude. It is the student’s responsibility to pick-up their work/portfolio following the scholarship selection.
The 2014/15 winning student will receive $5,000 for the first year and $1,500 for each of 3 subsequent years. Note: The 3 subsequent years’ scholarship amount may be revised upwards or downwards depending upon ARTsmart funding. The ARTsmart scholarship recipient will be announced by school personnel at the school’s graduation ceremony. The award will be given directly to the college/university in the student’s name. The student or teacher will provide ARTsmart with the contact name and address of the admissions department of the student’s chosen school or university.