ARTsmart is thrilled to announce our 2012 Giving. Through 2012, we will have distributed over $1,000,000 to ARTsmart projects, public school programs, art related organizations and endowment funds.
In 2012, $151,697 will be distributed as follows:
- $21,942 to the Santa Fe Public School Art Department for elementary and middle school art supplies and resources for students.
- $36,750 to a Visiting Artist Program for Santa Fe Public Schools, both elementary and middle, administered by ARTsmart.
- $40,000 to ARTsmart’s two endowments: $30,000 to the ARTsmart General Fund and the $10,000 to the ARTsmart Scholarship Fund at the Santa Fe Community Foundation.
- $7,290 distributed to Santa Fe Public Schools elementary school art teachers for supplies and programs.
- $14,500 to ARTsmart art projects: K-12 special projects with Santa Fe Public Schools including a plate project, metal sculptures, glass project, photography project and an honorary artist project. Also, projects with New Mexico School for the Arts.
- $10,000 for art programs in collaboration with Fine Art for Children and Teens, including a high school portfolio preparation program.
- $10,300 to the ARTsmart Scholarship, Awards of $5,000 and $1,500 distributed to two high school seniors pursuing art in higher education and $1,500 each to the previous scholarship recipients. Also two “books and supplies” awards of $500 and $300 awarded to high school seniors pursuing art.
- $16,705 returned to the high school students and schools with whom we share the proceeds from the 2012 auction sales of their art work.
As our donations grow, so too, does our funding. This year we’ve added donations for middle school art supplies and a visiting artist program at the middle schools. We’ve doubled our funding to Fine Art for Children and Teens, and increased funding to all of our other existing programs. Our total funding has increased 9% over 2011. Your support helped make our donations possible. THANK YOU!